Save time and money by trying these troubleshooting tips before you call us. Or, have us get dirty for you!
- Check if the issue is isolated to one fixture or occurring throughout the entire house.
- Ensure that the shut-off valves near the fixture or the main water shut-off valve are fully open.
- Clean or replace aerators on faucets and showerheads that may be clogged with mineral deposits.
- If the problem persists, contact us to assess and address any underlying issues.
- Use a plunger to try and dislodge the clog. Ensure a tight seal around the drain and use firm, rapid plunging motions.
- Avoid using chemical drain cleaners as they can be harsh and potentially damage pipes.
- Consider using a drain snake or auger to reach and remove deeper clogs.
- For persistent or stubborn clogs, it’s best to contact us to avoid further damage.
- Check the flapper in the toilet tank and ensure it is properly sealing the flush valve.
- Adjust the chain connected to the flapper to ensure it allows a complete seal.
- Inspect the fill valve to ensure it is functioning correctly and shutting off at the appropriate water level.
- If the problem persists, we diagnose and fix the issue to prevent water waste.
- Check and tighten any loose faucet handles or connections.
- Replace worn-out or damaged washers, o-rings, or seals.
- If the leak persists, the faucet cartridge or valve may need to be replaced. Contact us for assistance.
- Ensure the pilot light is lit (for gas water heaters) or the circuit breaker is not tripped (for electric water heaters).
- Flush the water heater tank annually to remove sediment buildup.
- If there are persistent issues with temperature, leaks, or unusual noises, it’s best to consult us.
- Turn off the main water supply to prevent further damage.
- Thaw frozen pipes using a hairdryer, heating pad, or warm towels. Do not use open flames or excessive heat sources.
- Insulate exposed pipes to prevent future freezing.
- If a pipe has burst or there are concerns about the integrity of the plumbing system, contact a plumber immediately.
It’s important to note that these troubleshooting tips are general guidelines, and individual plumbing situations may require professional intervention. Wilson Brothers Plumbing recommends reaching out to their team of experts for comprehensive assessments and solutions tailored to each client’s specific plumbing needs.